Interagency Board for Emergency Preparedness and Response
The InterAgency Board (IAB) is a voluntary, collaborative panel of emergency preparedness and response practioners representing all levels of government, operational, technical and support organizations. The IAB provides a structured forum for the exchange of ideas among local, state, and federal response communities to improve national preparedness.
The mission of the InterAgency Board is to strengthen the nation’s ability to prepare for and respond safely and effectively to emergencies, disasters, and CBRNE incidents. The IAB accomplishes this by:
- Emphasizing interoperability, compatibility, and standardization
- Fostering a multidisciplinary perspective
- Facilitating effective intergovernmental partnerships
- Being a credible voice of the responder community
- Being proactive
- Sharing field operational experiences and practices
Visit our About section to learn more about us.
The Leadership Team is comprised of one IAB Chair and three Deputy Chairs who are selected among the ranks of membership. All positions are only eligible to active state & local first responders, Each position serves a two-year term.