Welcome, and thanks for using the InterAgency Board (IAB) site. When using our website you are agreeing to our terms, so please take a few minutes to read over the User Agreement below.
Note: You are entering into a legally binding agreement.
The InterAgency Board (IAB) is a voluntary, collaborative panel of emergency preparedness and response practitioners from a wide array of professional disciplines that represents all levels of government and operational, technical, and support organizations. The IAB provides a structured forum for the exchange of ideas to improve national preparedness and promote interoperability and compatibility among local, state, and federal response communities. Based on direct field experience, IAB members advocate for and assist with the development and implementation of performance criteria, standards, test protocols, and technical, operating, and training requirements for all-hazards incident response equipment with a special emphasis on CBRNE issues. The IAB informs broader emergency preparedness and response policy, doctrine, and practice.
You agree that by clicking registering, accessing or using our Services, you are entering into a legally binding agreement (even if you are using our Services on behalf of a company. Your agreement is with the InterAgency Board (“IAB” or “we”).
Registered users of our Services are “Members” and unregistered users are “Visitors.” This Agreement applies to both.
As between you and others, your account belongs to you. You agree to: (1) try to choose a strong and secure password; (2) keep your password secure and confidential; (3) not transfer any part of your account (e.g., connections, groups) and (4) follow the law and the Dos and Don'ts below. You are responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you close it or report misuse.
You agree that we may provide notices to you in the following ways: (1) a banner notice on the website or (2) an email sent by the IAB Program Office to an address you provided, or (3) by the IAB Program Office contacting members/users via mobile phone, telephone, or mailing address. You agree to keep your contact information up to date.
Our Services allow messaging and sharing of information in many ways, such as your profile, forums and list serves. Information and content that you share or post may be seen by other Members. Where we have made settings available, we will honor the choices you make about who can see content or information.
Rights and Limits
As between you and the IAB, you own the content and information that you submit to the Site, and you are granting the IAB the following non-exclusive license: A worldwide, transferable and sublicensable right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish, and process, information and content that you provide through our private Site, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or others. These rights are limited in the following ways:
A. You can end this license for specific content by notifying Site Administration and requesting the un-publication of specific content from the Site. Note that “closing” of your account will not un-publish your submitted content.
B. Content will not be featured on the public site unless reviewed and approved by the Executive Committee, FACC Chair, and Leadership Team.
C. Content can only be shared or made available to others if it has been approved by the Executive Committee, FACC Chair, and Leadership Team via the official IAB adoption process. Once it has been approved, there are not restrictions to sharing information or materials.
By submitting suggestions or other feedback regarding our Services to the IAB, you agree that the IAB can use and share (but does not have to) such feedback for any purpose without compensation to you.
You agree to only provide content or information if that does not violate the law nor anyone's rights (e.g., without violating any intellectual property rights or breaching a contract). You also agree that your profile information will be truthful.
Linking to the IAB website
Links to the IAB website are permitted. The use of IAB logos, however, is protected and requires advance written authorization as described below. The fact that a website links to the IAB site does not indicate that the IAB has any responsibility for the content of that site, nor does it constitute an endorsement of that site by the IAB.
Use of IAB logos or other official insignia, names and initials
IAB logos and other official insignia may not be used or reproduced without written permission. Requests for permission to use or reproduce the official insignia of IAB and/or affiliated organizations shall be referred to the heads of these components. Permission to use or reproduce official insignia of the IAB is granted on a case-by-case basis and involves the consideration of many relevant factors, including: the cost or benefit to the IAB or the government of granting the request; the unintended appearance of endorsement or authentication by the IAB; the potential for misuse; the effect on IAB security; the reputability of the use; and the extent of control by the IAB over the ultimate use and distribution of any product(s) or publication(s) bearing official insignia of the IAB.
The use of the name InterAgency Board or initials IAB is not permitted without written permission from the IAB.
Copyright Status and Citation
Information generated by the IAB in the public domain may be reproduced, published or otherwise used without the IAB’s permission. Citation to the IAB as the source of the information is appreciated, as appropriate.
Information generated by the IAB on the secured domain may not be reproduced, published or otherwise used without the IAB’s permission in advance. Such permission will include source citation guidelines that must be followed.
The use of any IAB seals is protected and requires advance authorization, as described below. With respect to materials generated by entities outside of the IAB, permission to copy these materials, if necessary, must be obtained from the original source. For information on materials generated by external entities with IAB funding, please refer to individual component policies.
This copyright notice only pertains to the IAB website.
Other Content, Sites and Applications
By using the private Site, you may encounter content or information that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. The IAB generally does not review content provided by our Members for the private Site. You agree that we are not responsible for third parties' (including other Members') content or information, or for any damages as result of your use of or reliance on it.
The information posted on the IAB website includes hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. The IAB provides these links and pointers solely for your information and convenience. When you select a link to an outside website, you are subject to the privacy, copyright, security, and information quality policies of that website. The IAB:
- DOES NOT control or guarantee the accuracy, legality, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained on a linked website;
- DOES NOT endorse linked websites, the views they express, or the products/services they offer;
- CANNOT authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites;
- IS NOT responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites;
- DOES NOT guarantee that outside websites comply with the accessibility requirements of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
You are responsible for deciding if you want to access or use third-party applications or sites that link from our Site. Third-party applications and sites have their own legal terms and privacy policies, and you may be giving others permission to use your information in ways we would not. Except to the limited extent it may be required by applicable law, the IAB is not responsible for these other sites and applications – use these at your own risk.
The IAB reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your account if we believe that you may be in breach of this Agreement or law or are misusing the Services (e.g. violating any Dos and Don'ts).
The IAB reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Site. This extends to logos and trademarks related to the IAB and associated federal, state and local agencies. Other trademarks and logos used in Site content may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Disclaimer and Limit of Liability
To the extent allowed under law, the IAB (and those that the IAB works with to provide the site) (a) disclaim all implied warranties and representations (e.g. warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of data, and noninfringement); (b) do not guarantee that the site will function without interruption or errors, and (c) provide content and information on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
To the extent permitted under law (and unless the IAB has entered into a separate written agreement that supersedes this agreement), IAB (and those that the IAB works with to provide the site) shall not be liable to you or others for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, or any loss of data, opportunities, reputation, profits or revenues, related to the services (e.g. down time or loss, use or changes to your information or content).
This limitation of liability is part of the basis of the bargain between you and IAB and shall apply to all claims of liability (e.g. warranty, tort, negligence, contract, law) and even if the IAB has been told of the possibility of any such damage, and even if these remedies fail their essential purpose.
The information appearing on this website is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to provide legal advice to any individual or entity. Reference in this site to any specific commercial product, process, or service, or the use of any trade, firm or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public, and does not constitute endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the IAB.
IAB “DOs” and “DON’Ts”
Dos. You agree that you will:
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
- Provide accurate information to us and keep it updated;
- Use your real name on your profile;
- Use the Site in a professional manner.
Don'ts. You agree that you will not:
- Act dishonestly or unprofessionally, including by posting inappropriate, inaccurate, or objectionable content;
- Add content that is not intended for, or inaccurate for, a designated field (e.g. submitting a telephone number in the “title” or any other field, or including telephone numbers, email addresses, street addresses or any personally identifiable information for which there is not a field provided by the IAB);
- Use an image that is not your likeness or a headshot photo for your profile;
- Create a false identity on IAB;
- Misrepresent your current or previous positions and qualifications;
- Misrepresent your affiliations with a person or entity, past or present;
- Misrepresent your identity, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym;
- Create a Member profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person);
- Use or attempt to use another's account unless granted Administrative rights or have consent from members/users
- Harass, abuse or harm another person;
- Send spam or other unwelcomed communications to others;
- Scrape or copy profiles and information of others through any means (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, and any other technology or manual work);
- Act in an unlawful, libelous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable manner;
- Disclose information that you do not have the right to disclose (such as confidential information of others (including your employer));
- Violate intellectual property rights of others, including patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights;
- Violate the intellectual property or other rights of the IAB, including, without limitation, using the word “IAB” or our logos in any business name, email, or URL except as explicitly agreed in writing and/or provided in the Legal Policies and Disclaimers document;
- Send ”spam” messages to distribution lists;
- Post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code;
- Manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or post transmitted through the Site;
- Copy or use the information, content or data of others available on the Site (except as expressly authorized);
- Imply or state that you are affiliated with or endorsed by the IAB without our express consent;
- Deep-link to our Site for any purpose without the IAB’s consent;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on our Site or content;
- Share or disclose information of others without their express consent;
- Use manual or automated software, devices, scripts robots, other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” the Site or any related data or information;
- Access the Services except through the interfaces expressly provided by IAB, such as its PC and mobile browser applications;
- Override any security feature of the Site; and/or
- Interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Site (e.g., spam, denial of service attack, viruses, gaming algorithms).